Calligraphy（书法） is sheer life experienced through energy in motion that is registered as traces on silk or paper, with time and rhythm in shifting space its main ingredients..
Chinese calligraphy is a form of calligraphy widely practiced and revered in the Sinosphere, which often includes China, Japan, Korea, and Vietnam. The calligraphic tradition of East Asia originated and developed from China. There is a general standardization of the various styles of calligraphy in this tradition. Chinese calligraphy and ink and wash painting are closely related, since they are accomplished using similar tools and techniques. Chinese painting and calligraphy distinguish themselves from other cultural arts because they emphasize motion and are charged with dynamic life
Headed of Chinese Art Division by our Chief Chinese Art Adviser, Wang Shilan, famous Chinese painting artist, who has more than 30 years experience in Chinese painting and calligraphy, we provide top quality Chinese art programmes for both adult and child, from entry level till advanced level.
Benefit of learning Chinese Challigraphy
- 书法艺术中充满了哲理: 运笔的轻重,线条的粗细,结构上疏密，墨色上的深浅等，充满了对立的矛盾，同时又充满了和谐统一。
- Chinese calligraphy is one of the highest forms of Chinese art perfectly embodied the rhythm, lines and structure, displaying the abstract beauty of lines.
- It is not only a form of art, but also a Chinese way of life.
- Calligraphy, carrierd by Chinese characters, covering language, literature, history, aesthetics, etc., it’s full of beauties.
- Learning Calligraphy ,can train and improve the ability of appreciating beauty, understanding beauty and creating beauty
- Calligraphy is full of philosophy, stock of light, heavy; line of thick, thin,;structure of sparse and dense; color of dark, light, and so on, is full of opposite and contradictions, while also full of harmony and consistancy.
- Through studying under the Chinese master calligraphers and painters, students will be exposed to rich culture tradition. They will not only enjoy the beauty of Chinese calligraphy and painting, but also will be able to appreciate these two kinds of most ancient, abstract, and condensed art.
- – Through the course, students get the opportunity to grasp the depth and breadth of Chinese culture, allowing them to get in touch with their inner self in a busy metropolitan environment, to cultivate the moral character and nourish the nature.
- – Students will be able to learn a set of Chinese brush painting technique and able to create and compose their works on their own. Practice the ways of thinking and develop the intelligence, make them calm and peaceful.
Chinese Calligraphy Programme-书法